Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We're outta here!

I'm ready! The car is loaded - bike rack is on complete with bike - the cargo carrier is on top of the car and loaded with everything from suitcases to our big red wagon.

Yes, we are taking the wagon... hey who wants to carry 2 tired kids to the finish line late at night when they are tired. I don't want anyone having to miss the finish so we are loading the kids up in their pjs with their blankets and letting them chill until I get to the finish line.

I've got everything I think I might need and some things I probably won't need at all. Sunday is going to be amazing - Ironman Louisville 2008 will be a day to remember for me.

My goals for the weekend are to 1) enjoy every moment, 2) relax, 3) spread the word about The Smile Train, 4) look extra cute in my Skirts and pass out lots and lots of my SkirtSports.com Discount Code (REBECCAW if you didn't know), and 5) FINISH my first Ironman.

I've had lots of people ask me if I'm going to win... these are the folks that are still learning what this whole triathlon thing is all about. Nope - no winning here and not even a top 10 (or 100) finish for that matter. My goal is completion.

It would be nice if I said I truly didn't care what time I finish in but, of course, I do. I would really like to finish in under 15hours and think that is very realistic. However, based on my half Ironman race from May I would really like to finish with a time around 13hours and I think that could be possible too. Since I've never done this distance I don't want to set myself up for disappointment so I'm going to take this race as I did my first half IM race - my heart rate will be my guide and I'll let my body tell me how it's doing.

During the run I'll be praying for someone on each mile. I'm making a little "cue sheet" of who I'm going to pray for on the run so I don't forget anyone. Please do me the favor of praying for me as well.

Again - thank you to everyone who has supported me this year and who has shown their support for The Smile Train. We are Turning Miles into Smiles and will continue to do so for the years ahead.

No comments: