Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm coming up for air!

So I've disappeared the last month and wow - time has flown! I've been heads down working my real job (you know the one that pays the bills) and moonlighting as a race director getting all the info needed for the 2009 running of The BASF Smile Train Triathlon at Heritage Wake Forest.
It's going to be another amazing event! We modified the bike out/in just a bit to avoid a slight incline that was causing some trouble and we modified the run course to be an out-and-back so you can see everyone in front of you (and behind you) to cheer them on.
But my training... that has suffered. After the City of Oaks Half Marathon debacle I finished the race with a nice and easy time and an achy knee. I let it rest but for the next few weeks it hurt after all my long runs.
So I went to my friends at Triangle Orthopaedic and they told me I hurt my IT band. I thought I had but didn't really know what to do to help it and how far to run or not run. I love those guys, except that they told me to take 2 weeks off. I know it's good for me but I have to say I miss my long, slow, runs on the weekend!
I'm doing my physical therapy like I'm supposed to and hoping that my IT band won't be so mad at me and I can successfully complete the Houston Marathon. That race is one I've always wanted to do since it's in my home town and my family and grandma can come watch. We'll see what happens!!
I'm looking forward to a fun and race-filled 2009 so I better do what I can to get healed and stay healthy. I've got things to do!

No comments: