Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Signing up for spin classes... come on folks!!!

Ok - now a little rant... sorry, it has to be done.

Does the Y really have to have a sign up sheet for Spin classes? Yes they are often full but get real. Many other Y's in much larger cities have finally gotten rid of the sign up sheets.

Here's my pain - feel it!

The spin classes have sign up sheets for them - they are open for sign up 3 days before the class. For me I like the Monday and Thursday classes which means I have to sign up on Friday for the Monday and on Monday for the Thursday - got it?

So I call at 8am on a Friday, remember the sign up sheet was just opened at 5:30am that morning - and it was already full! That's great! I'm so glad that so many people want to come to the classes. Here's the pain - sometimes I get to those classes (on the odd chance I actually get in) and there are empty bikes - but not all the time.

Of course there are going to be people who sign up and don't go - that's reason enough for me to trash the sign in sheet and just let people come on a first-come, first-served basis.

Oh and the Thursday spin class that opens on Monday gets full by 7am because all the people from the Monday spin class sign up for Thursday so if you don't call the Y by 7'ish you'll be left out - once again.

So here's my advice to the Y - squeeze as many bikes in that room as you can. We can easily fit 6 more bikes in the spin room at The Factory Y. Then tell people "no sign up sheet" and reward those folks who actually want to AND WILL get up for a 5:30am spin class.

Ahhh - I feel better - or I will feel better when I can actually get into a spin class!!!!!

No comments: