Monday, October 6, 2008

If I run slowly I could run forever!

Saturday morning I got up and started my run at 5am. Did a nice 10-miles then met up with the new Heritage Running Club that is starting up in my neighborhood. The other folks out there were looking for a 10/11mile routes so the 10miler I had mapped out worked nicely for the group. I had my running buddy, Kristie, there with me so I did the 10-miler again and felt great.

I really wish I were faster but I can see that I'm getting there little by little. I actually like my long runs and look forward to them. I'm a slow and steady runner but in the end I finish my runs feeling good (fatigued but hey, I just ran 20miles, I'm entitled to that!) and looking forward to the next one.

Speed is nice sometimes but the reality of it is that my life won't change if I'm fast or slow so I'll just enjoy my long slow workouts, the time to myself to think, and the joy of watching my neighborhood wake up slowly on Saturday mornings.

If you live in Heritage, FYI - there are owls on the new side of the neighborhood across Rogers Road. They'll hoot at you in the dark and it's kinda spooky... especially at Halloween time... ooooooooooo. :)

No comments: